The ultimate, Free MP4 media player software. Open and play your MP4 files quick and simple..
Play MP4 files (and other formats) now completely free!
Win8 DVD Player – Play your MP4 Files
Minimalistic and Lightweight
Win8 DVD Player is a simple interface to make playing files easy and lightweight. It loads H.264, XviD, MKV, MP4 AAC with ease and uses GPU assisted acceleration and enchancing.
Play DVD’S On Windows – No Codecs
Designed to open DVD files on Windows XP, Vista & 7 without the need of codec packs. Music playlists (mpl and m3u) can also be created, making it easy to open albums.
Open Source & Always Free
Win8 DVD Player is free and open source based on the Media Player Classic – Home Theatre. Always enjoy Win8 DVD Player for free!
Clicking the download button begins installation of InstallIQ™, which manages your Win8DVD installation. Learn More.
You may be offered to install the Yahoo Toolbar.
- Fast and efficient file playback and without any codecs.
- Option to remove Tearing
- Support for EVR (Enhanced Video Renderer)
- Subtitle Support
- Playback and recording of television if a supported TV tuner is installed
- H.264 and VC-1 with DXVA support
- Win8 DVD Player can also use the QuickTime and the RealPlayer architectures
- Supports native playing of OGM and Matroska container formats
- Use as a DVD player
- Based on the powerful MPC-HT software.
- Can be used in English, Spanish, French, Chinese, Russian, Dutch, Japanese and many more languages
Open Many Audio and Video File Types
Win8 DVD allows you to enhance, decode and accelerate a broad span of movie formats like x.264 with GPU assisted acceleration and image quality enhancing. The player does not require many system resources than the rest of the video media players to run smoothly. This is a low PC resources windows media player that runs on slower machines with older CPUs. Modern graphics card offer the possibility to decode partially or completely a video stream using DirectX Video Acceleration (DXVA), in order to reduce CPU usage dramatically. MPC-HC includes an embedded video decoder that uses this technology, to decode x.264, H.264 and VC-1 with hardly any CPU time required.
Works on Windows 7, 8, Windows XP and Windows Vista